SHORT HAUL SEMI TRAILER DRIVER
1. Perform pre-trip inspection of semi tractor and trailer for compliance to applicable laws and
safety regulations. Air tires and fill fluid levels if needed.
2.Comply with record keeping requirements of both the U.S. Departmrnt of Transportation,
Company and customer.
3. Work with customer to understand their needs.
4. Report to Company any concerns with any equipment under their use.
5. Obey all traffic laws.
6.Move trailers in the most efficient ways possible.
7.Represent the Company in a positive light.
- Traffic regulations related to the trucking industry.
- Ways to obtain map directions from computers.
- Basic mechanical, pnumatic and hydraulic semi truck and trailer systems.
- Federal, state and local laws concerning the trucking industry.
- Basic mathematics.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- At least 3 years of experience driving semi tractors pulling semi trailers.
- Certificate from semi truck driving school a plus.
- Class A CDL license a requirement.
- High School diploma a requirement.
- Be at least 25 years of age.
- Possess a valid DOT Medical Certificate.
- Pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen.
- Have no more than one major moving violation and no more than one preventable accident in
- the last 12 months.
- Have no more than two moving violations and no more than two preventable accidents in the past 36 months.
- Have no DUI, OWI, or DWI convictions in the past 7 years.
- Have no record of a felony conviction in the past 7 years.
- Have not failed or refused a DOT drug screen in the past 36 month.